Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:02:09 -0500
On 9/17/98 6:13 PM, Paul Wayper (DPI ISD)
<[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>As for Review= Owner, I'm having this debate out on my own list-owner's
>list.  I don't like the idea, as it stops friendly people trying to
>find out who's on the list (and it stops you trying to find out what
>address you're using to subscribe to the list.  That can be a problem
>if you use the web address, as many of our people do).

There's no question that, in a perfect world, allowing subscribers to
REVIEW a list is generally a good thing. Those who don't want to deal
with it can set themselves to CONCEAL.

But with rampant email abuse these days that's simple out of control, I
don't blame lots of people for not wanting to have their address out in
the open like that.

One option is to leave Review=Private put set Default-Options=CONCEAL.
Let people who don't mind having their address out in the open actively
set themselves to NOCONCEAL.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | "Logic is the art of going wrong with