Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 15:16:21 EST
On Fri, 20 Mar 1998 20:00:01 +0000, "Juntung Wu (JT)" said:

>I've got a few people who want to subscribe to my mailing list using their
>fax machines (relayed through the TPC.INT relay service.) Is it possible
>to:
>
>A) Subscribe to a mailing list with fax machine addresses
>(e.g., [log in to unmask])

Yep.

>B) Time the delivery of the actual e-mail messages so that it is spread
>out throughout the day (that's a restriction that TPC imposes: you're only
>allowed to make a certain number of deliveries each hour)

Nope.  If the subscription is set to individual postings, they go out as
they are received.  There's no way to "throttle" the number of postings
that actually get delivered to Joe User each hour, sorry.  If 50 postings
go through between 1PM and 2PM, 50 postings will be delivered.

You might be able to mitigate this somewhat by setting up digests with a
Size() setting that causes a digest to get cut several times a day (e.g.,
Size(300) or whatever seems right) and then having these people set to
DIGEST mode.

Nathan