Debbie Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:12:59 EST
On February 26, on [log in to unmask], Eric Paul-Hus said:
 >>Debbie, I would suggest you use:
 >>GET LIST (HDR
 >>to get only the header and avoid messing with the subscriptions lists.
 >>or better
 >>GET LIST (HDR NOL

I've been running these lists for almost 4 years now and I have
long known about these methods and I use them all the time.  It's
just that this time I accidentally included a line of characters after
the last line of the header and it saw this as possible address
and thus wiped out my subscription list. It would be WONDERFUL if
there was a switch on PUT (as there is on GET) so that no matter
what it would only affect the header.

The postmaster at my host site is checking for a backup copy of
my list.

-Debbie Douglass

[log in to unmask]    : May your sword always be within
Systems Administrator               : reach and may your Foe's skill
GTE Government Systems, Needham, MA : and luck be less than your own.