Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:19:37 -0500
> Is request-listname considered generic for various other list software?

Why would it matter?  When subscribers sign up .. they get an email telling
them the generic listowner address:  listname-request@

It's been that way since I joined my first listserv list Randy.  The only time I
got owner-listname mail was via poor error handling by the provider sending
errors messages.

> Just so I know how to try and raise awareness on how to reach list owners
> when one cannot remember how to locate a user address.

If you are a subscriber to a listserv list you will get instructions on the generic
listowner address.  The welcome, farewell, and boo boo files also have reply-to
the listname-request address .. so I don't know why any subscriber would try
accessing the owner-listname@ address which is used for error handling only.

As to other list programs, they usually state their generic address in faq files
too .. so look at them if you are subscribed to other list program lists.

   .... Cleo   [log in to unmask]
    "We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun
    But the hills we could climb were just seasons out of
    time"