Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 13:22:50 EST
This  iaf.net discussion  is very  interesting. I  agree that  this topic  is
germain to lstown-l because Listserv lists are being used by an individual to
accumulate  addresses for  a  database. About  half  an hour  ago,  I sent  a
message to [log in to unmask]  to say that collecting mailing  lists from any
Listserv lists  run on the system  I maintain is not  permitted without prior
University  permission. I  am curious  to  see what  kind of  response I  get
back from their postmaster.

By the  way, speaking of spams,  there are something like  200 Listserv lists
running  here.  Each  time a  spam  is  posted  to  any of  the  lists  where
SEND=PRIVATE I get a copy of that  spam message. Is it possible to have those
copies  sent to  some kind  of  bit bucket  where  they will  all be  deleted
automatically rather than  to my postmaster account? Each spam  results in my
postmaster  account  being  flooded  with  copies of  the  message.  This  is
undesirable although the SPAM reports the spam filter are nice.

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.