Mike Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 11:34:20 -0500
My list is on 1.8a.  It's gated to a newsgroup in which I post a FAQ.  As
per suggestions from the members of this list (thank you), I set the Topics
to exclude the FAQ from the list distribution.  It seems there's a
possibility that the FAQ is going out in the digests though, which would be
a disaster in so far as some have to use Digest to keep from exceeding
mailbox limits.  I've received this from a Query of a subscriber:

... Ack=Yes, Mail=Digests, Files=Yes, Repro=No, Header=Short,
Conceal=No, Topics=All (digests and indexes always contain all topics)

I've reset this subscriber for Topics=All,-FAQ.

Are all digest subscriptions getting the FAQ?  If so, will resetting to -FAQ
keep it out of the digest?  Does this have to be done individually for each
digest subscriber?

Thanks,
Mike Holloway