Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:14:47 -0500
On 8/28/97 11:35 AM, Pauline M. Marshall <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>Now, I have subscribed everyone to 'register' with listserv.  They are
>sending the command:
>
>        register <first> <last>
>
>They even get confirmation back, saying that Listserv will now refer to
>them as their name insead of (No Name Available).  But, when you do a
>review, they still show up as: (No Name Available).

If you want them to change their names, they need to issue new subscribe
commands from the exact address they are subscribed with. If LISTSERV
sees that the address it's receiving mail from is already subscribed but
the name is different, it will update the name field.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;