Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:26:01 -0400
On: Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:56:46PM -0400,Paul Russell Wrote:

} On 4/20/2008 2:54 PM, Rich Greenberg wrote:
} >
} >Q for Lsoft:  Why is Buffalo not accepting this?  I assume it is
} >supposed to because I get probes from at lest 4-5 other Listserv sites
} >and only the probes from Buffalo are having the problem.
} >Wouldn't this mean that ALL probe failures are failing?
} >I am getting mail from the Buffalo list with no problems.
} >
}
} I am not with L-Soft, but I think I can answer this one.
}
} The message to the VERP'd address is being rejected by the MX host for
} listserv.buffalo.edu, not by listserv.buffalo.edu itself. It appears that
} the folks at Buffalo have provided their MX hosts with a list of all valid
} recipient addresses on listserv.buffalo.edu, perhaps in an attempt to reduce
} accept-and-bounce backscatter for invalid addresses on the list server.
} Unfortunately, the list does not include the VERP'd addresses which are used
} as sender addresses on subscription probes. Consequently, messages to VERP'd
} addresses are undeliverable.

Thanks Paul, now how can we call Buffalo's attention to this?

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67