Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 May 2004 14:05:39 -0400
On: Tue, May 04, 2004 at 10:47:01AM -0700,Ballew Kinnaman Wrote:

} Dear LSTOWN-L Folks,
}
} I few years ago I figured out a way for members to change
} their subscribed address from the Web interface. But I was
} discouraged that it was WAY too complicated (to explain or
} give instructions to do it) for ordinary members (especially
} because many of my members have serious and debilitating
} health problems).

I don't know about the web interface as I seldom use it, can they do it
by email?  Here is some boiler plate I have on the topic.  Feel free to
use it.  Note that the number of "OK"s need varies with the list options
so you may need to adjust a bit.

When you are moving your home or changing your email address,  please
use one of the following procedures,  Use whichever applies in your case:

The following only applies if you can get access to both addresses.  If
you have already changed to a different email address and no longer have
access to the old address, then let the listowner know by sending email
listing BOTH addresses to [log in to unmask] which
specifically says that you no longer have access to the old address.

1) If you will be able to send/receive mail from both addresses for an
   overlapped period,

       From the OLD address:
       Send mail to the listserv:  [log in to unmask]
       No mime or html, plain text ONLY.  No subject and no signature.

       CHANGE SIBERNET-L new_address

       and a confirmation message which you must reply to will be sent
       to the NEW address.  The change command MUST be sent from the OLD
       address.  The change takes effect only after the confirmation
       has been received by the listserv.

2) If you will be keeping the same email address but will not have access
   to it while the move is in process,  then do the following:

       Send mail to the listserv:  [log in to unmask]
       No mime or html, plain text ONLY.  No subject and no signature.

              SET SIBERNET-L NOMAIL

       When you arrive:

       Send mail to the listserv:  [log in to unmask]
       No mime or html, plain text ONLY.  No subject and no signature.

              SET SIBERNET-L MAIL

3) If you will have a DIFFERENT email address in the new location,
   then do the following:

       Send mail to the listserv:  [log in to unmask]
       No mime or html, plain text ONLY. No subject and no signature.
       This must come from the OLD addresss.

              SIGNOFF SIBERNET-L

       When you arrive:

       Send mail to the listserv:  [log in to unmask]
       No mime or html, plain text ONLY.  No subject and no signature.
       This must come from the NEW address.

              SUBSCRIBE SIBERNET-L your name

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com  + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com    + 1 770 321 6507