Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 05:58:32 -0400
On: Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 12:28:20AM +0200,Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz Wrote:

} Before I ask my questions I must first say that I have read the list
} owner's manual (listownr.memo fetched from the LSOFT FTP yesterday
} night) and also searched today the archives of this list. Unfortunately
} all this without a greater success.

Don't recall a memo.  do you nean owner.txt or one of the word processor
formats (one of which is set up for A4 paper).

}    The manual says, that the form is defined by ">>>", a space, the
}    form's name, a space again, and then the subject line for the form.

No.  Whats after the name is a comment.

}    I noticed that this doesn't work for the CONFIRM1 form, which,
}    eventhough totally translated, still arrives to subscribers with
}    English subject "Command confirmation request", which doesn't seem
}    to be defined anywhere inside the DEFAULT.MAILTPL.
}
}    The question is: how can I override the default subject line for
}    such forms as CONFIRM1?

You can't.  Its hard coded.  We have been asking Lsoft for the ability
to change other messages also, and the reply is "perhaps in a future
release".

} 2) In years 1996-2000 I owned a list on a VM/XA running 1.8b. I
}    remember that that machine used to provide the "STAT" command, which
}    returned various statistics for the list. Much of this information
}    didn't seem really necessary, but I seem to remember that STAT also
}    returned the information about daily traffic on the list (like "12
}    messages/day" or something like this).

Not ported to other platforms, at least not yet.
VM was the first platform that Listserv was on.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507