"Byron C. Mayes" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:13:42 -0400
At 08:55 AM 5/23/2002, Stan Horwitz wrote:
>Someone has apparantly began participating on a list I manage who uses MS
>Exchange. I have no experience with MS Exchange at all, but from what I
>have been told, that person is requesting a notification for each of his
>messages that have been read and other subscribers who also use Exchange
>are unwhittingly generating those notifications to the list.  Is there any
>way I can filter out these notification message requests from incoming
>mail to my list? If so, how?

I think the header is:

          Disposition-Notification-To:

if that helps. I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that's a standard header
because Eudora recognizes it immediately (only Eudora *asks* if I want to
send notification).

Byron

--
  Byron C. Mayes, MLS
  Head, Library Systems and Technology Department * Temple University Libraries