Sat, 5 Dec 1998 23:53:10 -0600
On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, F. Leon Wilson wrote:

> How can I delete and/or stop that post from further/full distribution to
> the list?

If you truly were quick enough to get the HOLD through first you can
rewrite your list header.  I've done that once.  If your list is
unmoderated should be all you need do is make it moderated and everything
held will come to you for approval when you FREE the list, just delete
the offending item.  If you have a moderted or semi-moderated list you
are going to need another address for Editor= ;  you have to be very
careful in this situation as it's easy to miss something you should have
changed, which means it won't work the way you want it to work.

> If I released the list from HOLD with everyone (except me) set to NOMAIL,
> will the post distribute only to me?

You could do that, but when you reset everyone to MAIL all the people
who were already NOMAIL will start getting mail and they may not be
happy about it.  Also, the item will go into the archives, if you have
them, so to do a thorough job you'll have to edit the log.

Douglas