Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 12:17:55 -0500
On Sat, 6 Apr 1996 19:45:00 -0500, Philo wrote:
>        FWIW, Lotus cc:Mail completely strips internet email headers, and
>there's no way a user can get at them. The net result is that users get a
>message "FROM: LISTSERV list owners' forum" with no other sourcing data
>available. I've addressed this to Lotus several times, but they've made no
>comment other than "cc:Mail is designed for corporate use and not many
>companies are that interested in the internet."

Note to Lotus: "Unfortunately, because CC Mail fails to comply with
standard (long standing, i.e., 1989 and earlier) Internet protocols, this
list, and perhaps most other Internet lists will no longer be available to
CC Mail users.  In termininating subscriptions of Internet users we have
offered a list of, ofen less expensive, competing mail software that
complies with Internet standards that users may prefer to adopt."

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html