"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Aug 1994 11:18:00 EDT
>The deletion was not the problem. What I am wondering is why the
>application is uneven? Why do some continue to generate errors not get
>autodeleted while someone else whose errors I never saw is
>successfully auto-deleted. Thanks for the info Peter. -- Paul

One more tidbit: some errors occur even AFTER the auto-delete since the
auto-delete does not inhibit the delivery of already-generated
distributions (that are in the "distribute" pipeline).  This is a
function of (obviously) when the auto-deletion was done with respect to
generation of new list mail and final delivery (attempts) and subsequent
bounces.  I doubt that that can be determined before hand.

Depending on various timeouts, bounces can occur for weeks after the
auto-delete.  :-(

Generated errors must be in the correct form for LISTSERV to parse.
This is a dependency on the mailer (if any) or generation by a compliant
SMTP client or server.

/P