"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Aug 1995 08:10:22 -0500
After my last reply concerning ways of dealing with subscribers with
multiple addresses I am concerned about displaying more naivete, so
I am phrasing this in form of a question. I assume that listserv
simply forwards what it receives (applying customized settings of
a particular lists). As for names of senders and recipients appearing
in the header, is this not a matter of the individual subscriber's
mail program that is in no way a function of listserv?  If I don't
want my name to appear on a message (in addition to my e-mail address)
then I simply don't provide a name to MY program and don't send messages
out to others with my full name.  If I don't want to receive mail with
my full name, I tell others not to add my name to anything they might
send both to the list and cc to me.

Ingrid Shafer ([log in to unmask])