"Kathryn Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 16 Aug 1992 10:36:06 EST

COPYRIGHT (C) 1992 BY A. NONYMUS LEE.
COPYRIGHT (C) 1992 BY THE FOOBAR REVISED LIST PROCESSOR,
    [log in to unmask]; NANCY ANN BARFOO, LISTOWNER.
All rights reserved.

    This document may be freely copied and distributed on a noncommer-
cial basis using whatever medium desired.  The copyright holder(s)
reserve(s) the right to determine what is, and what is not, a noncom-
mercial basis.  All commercial use requires prior written permission.
Every copy of this document must include a statement of authorship, the
copyright notice(s) and this paragraph.

Neat, no?  Not to mention innovative?

Excepting the obviously camouflaged names, this is the statement that the
author of a specialized new networking document proposes to append to the
document.  The document will be on my filelist, so I have a mild interest in
its appropriateness, although the Listserv receiving interest in the copyright
is at a far distant site.

The author says that it's his intention, in the remotely possible event that
his production should ever see print and receive royalties, that half of said
royalties go to the designated Listserv to help defray the cost of its mainte-
nance.  He says that he doesn't see why software can't hold copyright if a
trust, which is only a piece of paper, can do so.  He doesn't want to assign
copyright to the list itself because of the problem of representation of the
list, which he thinks could only be resolved by incorporating the list - and
that he considers to be a fruity idea.

Let the flak fly.

Kathryn Wright
Indiana State University