Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:22:19 -0500
> >> 2) Change the short name (requires list-maintainer involvement)
> >
> >Are you out there, Harold?
>
> Hi, Natalie...

Good.  Regardless of what ends up happening with this particular situation,
I like knowing that the computer gurus in my life are all in their proper
places -- that Harold is sitting there keeping everything in Georgia going,
that Eric is sitting there waving his magic wand over listserv in general,
that my local guru is sitting there doing his best to keep our severely
overloaded system chugging along (although I don't care anymore whether
he keeps wimpy listproc running -- I finally got so fed up with listproc
that I threw up my hands and quit as listowner of my main listproc list).
Anyway, I think people like Harold, Eric, and my local guru (Frank Peters)
should all be chained to their computers at all times so that we ordinary
mortals will feel secure that our net lives will run smoothly. :-)

Debate is continuing on ADS-L about the problems of posting from multiple
addresses.  I hate that all this is happening on the list full of people
who don't know much about net life.  Words-L subscribers are almost all
quite net savvy; many ADS-L subscribers still don't even understand what
we're talking about and are sending me mail asking what they "should do"
when they are single-address people with no reason to "do" anything. <sigh>.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])