Thu, 30 Mar 1995 14:47:23 -0700
   Here's an ad that showed up this afternoon on the ARCH-L list. Not only is
it an outrageous misuse of the Net, but the guy managed to send to to the
wrong group! Dinosaurs are paleontology, not archaeology, and an egg is NOT an
artifact. I have sent a note of protest to the AOL postmaster.

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
INTERNET: [log in to unmask]  Owner: HISTARCH, SPANBORD
*** Forwarding note from MCMANUSI--CMSNAMES 03/30/95 13:12 ***
Date:         Thu, 30 Mar 1995 15:04:32 -0500
Sender:       Archaeology List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         [log in to unmask]
Subject:      Dinosaur artifacts
To:           Multiple recipients of list ARCH-L <[log in to unmask]>

To whom it may concern,

     If the following is not in violation of your discussion list, please
post.  If this does not fall within your constraints, please disregard.
 Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely yours,

William P. McManus

-----------------
DINOSAUR ARTIFACTS:

      VERY RARE!  Dinosaur Egg with Dinosaur Embryo inside. CAT Scanned
Enhanced Image showing embryo inside.  Only one of its kind in the world.
Cretacious Period, 65 million years old. (Price : USD 1.0 million)

     Other dinosaur artifacts also available ranging in price from $400 up to
$16 Million

     Our company, in partnership with TGTL of Ireland, represent the owner of
these artifacts.  If you have serious interest in this egg, please contact us
by EMAIL at [log in to unmask] with your name, address and phone/fax number
ASAP.  We will then contact you to discuss things in more detail.
     If you have serious interest in seeing a complete list of available
artifacts, feel free to contact us by email and request the list.  We will
send you the list and pricing by email.  Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

William P. McManus
International Marketing Director

McManus International Business Opportunities
136 Main St - Suite #2
Binghamton, NY 13905