Ian Fairclough <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:48:46 -0400
Thank you, Francoise.  My next task is to figure out how to apply the Rexx
program for Windows!

The Changelog file records all transactions back to this one:
20050118113840 SUBCOUNT 88

This puzzles me because, if I'm reading correctly, the date is January 1,
2005, but the list commenced operations in October 2004.  One explanation
would be that the site administrator removed the changelog file for some
reason and didn't replace it.  I have had some technical problems in the
past, and the people who served as site administrators during that time did
indeed remove some archival files to get the list working again.   But they
replaced those archival files, at my request.

Is there another, more likely explanation?  Can I get a complete changelog
file back to October 2004?  Thanks - Ian

Ian Fairclough
Marion (Ohio) Public Library
tel. 740-387-0994 x233
___________________________________

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Francoise Becker
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 2:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] FW: [LSTOWN-L] list review by a professional
organization

On 12 Oct 2006 at 12:49, Ian Fairclough wrote:

> Short of a manual count: Can you (or any LSTOWN-L reader) advise me how to
> find out how many subscribers have actually posted to the list?  And how
> many messages each person has sent?   Also, the count for the number of
> messages only goes back as far as January 2005, whereas the list began
> operations in October 2004.  Can I get a complete count?

If you have changelogs enabled, see the Rexx program on the
contributions ftp site:

Windows:
ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/LISTSERV/WINDOWS/CONTRIB/STATS.REXX

Unix:
ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/LISTSERV/UNIX/CONTRIB/stats-unix.rexx

changelogs and produce a statistics report similar to the old VM
STATS command output (but with more stuff :)."

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp