"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 16:53:00 EST
You may remember that this happened not too many weeks ago with a
similar address (I think it was [log in to unmask] that time).
At any rate, whoever this is at roularta.be must be a glutton for
punishment to want to subscribe to all these lists (yes, yes, perhaps
"info" is setting to nomail for all of these, but "postmaster" had not
set to nomail the last time this happened).

Since there was no evidence of any "wrongdoing," other than apparent
stupidity (but then all of us have been guilty of *that* at some
point ... :-)), some of us left the address in our list and the address
started generating bounces very soon thereafter and had to be deleted or
auto-deleted anyway.

I did a "QUIET del LISTNAME [log in to unmask]" as soon as this came to me
this morning, and I would suggest that others who do not have this
combination in their filters also do the same.  This is obviously not a
legitimate subscription and this seems the most prudent course, rather
than waiting to find out what mischief this person may be up to.

However, now that the pattern has been (re-)established, I don't think
there is any further need for all members of THIS list to let the rest
of the list know, one by one, as this address subscribes to each of
their lists.  :-).

Shahrukh Merchant