Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:16:24 EST
Right now  it will let  you exceed your  subscriber quota, and  the sales
folks  will get  back  to you  when  that happens.  This  is a  technical
restriction rather than  a design decision; it isn't a  good procedure at
all. It's  only a matter  of time until  someone starts screaming  at our
sales folks because the list went past the limit and now someone *has* to
be kicked off and  the owner is faced with the  very delicate decision of
deciding who it should be, and this will be escalated and by the time the
ordeal is over we'll have wasted more $$$ in manpower than the list would
generate in 3  years of operation. I'm currently testing  code to enforce
the  subscriber  limits  that  people  have paid  for,  and  we'll  start
deploying it  sometime this week.  Nobody is  going to complain  that the
list isn't accepting more subscribers than they've paid for :-)

  Eric