Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 May 2000 15:02:28 -0400
On 30 May 2000, at 13:16, Tom Rawson wrote:

>I understand ... but this comes and goes with no intervention from us, and
>once it starts it stays that way for the rest of the day, then recovers
>overnight.  Something in the underlying software that generates or allows
>access to the archives must be doing this, or perhaps something else
>running on the system.  It seems to go away if the archives are reindexed.
>
>What might be causing it?  What can we or SJU do about it?

This is a longstanding problem here seen under at least the last three
versions of the software.  On those rare occasions when I have to intervene
the latest archive appears not to have been created, but is created and
works after a delete, and get/put cycle.  The users reports suggest that
the problem is more extensive than what I've personally observed.

                                                          -Kary