Mon, 7 May 2001 12:28:26 -0500
> I am wondering if there is any way to provide a route for subscribers
> to post anonymously, without divulging their names or email
> addresses, originating hosts, etc. (we do have a legitimate need for
> this at times).

Tom, my thoughts are.. if it's something needed only at times.. a seperate
email list and all that entails would be waste of resources.

An easier route I think would be to just suggest to those needing this
option to get a free web based account.. set IT to NOMAIL . and use that
when they want to post anonymously.  They can check that web account
now and then just to delete or look at replies that may have been sent to a
post.

You can strip some of the headers by using SHORTHDR.. but that also
strips away some of the abilities of listserv too and would not enchance
their anonyminity by much if any I don't think.

The only other option I can think of.. and if this is just from "time to time"
is as you suggested.. have those wishing to make that kind of post send it
to one of the listowners to be forwarded sans identifiers... but of course,
the listowners would then responsible for making sure that is done and any
screw up or opps could be a problem.  Better I think to let the subscribers
be responsible.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]