"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:36:10 -0500
I'm confused about which options super-lists honor and which they do
not.  The descriptions of super-lists in the release notes and the
manual for version 1.8c discuss the topic only a small bit.  From the
manual:

   If you are subscribed to the super-list itself, the subscription
   options used to deliver super-messages to you are taken from your
   subscription to the super-list, just like with any other list.  All
   combinations are allowed[....]  When you are subscribed to multiple
   sub-lists, on the other hand, things work differently: [....]

It goes on to speak about the NOMAIL/MAIL option, DIGEST and INDEX,
and TOPICS.

What about NOREPRO/REPRO?  I'm finding the setting on a sub-list
subscription isn't followed when posting to the super-list.  Does one
need to subscribe to the super-list explicitly to have other than
Listserv's default, NOREPRO?  Are there other options that don't get
honored by the super-list, like ACK/NOACK?

Some specifics: Super-list SLIST, sub-lists LSTA and LSTB.  Subscriber
has REPRO on LSTA and LSTB.  Same subscriber is not subscribed
explicitly to SLIST, and SLIST has no Default-options= keyword.  When
the subscriber mails to SLIST, the message is delivered fine to all,
*except* not to themself -- NOREPRO behavior.  I would have expected the
REPRO on LSTA and LSTB to have been used, giving the user a copy of their
message.  (Even more confusingly, we thought that *was* the behavior at
one point...)

For the record:
   LISTSERV(R) for unix version 1.8c
   Master nodes file version:   97/11/29 04:07:31 (VERS9706)
   NJE peers file version:      97/11/29 04:07:33
   Internet peers file version: 97/11/29 04:07:31
   Service file version:        97/11/29 04:07:33 (VERS9706)
   Running under:               OSF1 V4.0

En paz,
Steve
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236, WWW has PGP
[log in to unmask]    URL=http://pobox.upenn.edu/~thompson/index.html