Wed, 23 Sep 1998 01:39:45 -0500
On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, rex wrote:
> No, you only need to be able to add Resent-xx and leave the "From:.."
> line intact. Eudora (AFAIK) will not allow you to edit the header,
> but it will allow you to add Resent-xx, which combined with its
> "Redirect" capability, is enough.

That may work fine in Eudora, I don't know as I've never used Eudora.

UNIX Pine and Elm have a built-in "resend" which works fine, but
nothing can be edited, the item is resent as is.  So, I do it as I
have described.  I can then do things like put in a From: field
for someone whose system can't do that in a manner LISTSERV will
accept, change the date stamp for someone whose system insists the
current date is March 9, 1995, etc., etc., etc.

I'm not saying it's quick, though it doesn't take all that long
once once has the technique down, and I use it only in special
instances.  When I do use it, though, 99% of the subscribers
never realize the was ever *anything* in that posting that needed
to be fixed, be it HTML, lousy date/no date, no From:, whatever.

It works with UNIX Pine and Elm (which of course has some handy
features Pine does not) and it does all the things the people
were asking for, though it isn't as convenient as they would
like and it is not a LISTSERV feature, which I have gotten the
impression is what they really want.  It is a highly flexible
procedure and it fits the way I work and my needs.

Douglas