Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:07:38 -0700
On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 02:18:56PM -0400, Crovo, Bob wrote:
> No Pine available. No Unix. Any other ideas? What do all you moderators use?

I've posted about how to use Eudora to insert the required "resent-*"
lines several times.

From the LSTOWN-L archives:

HTH,

-rex

  Date:         Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:08:01 -0800
 From:         rex <[log in to unmask]>
 Subject:      Re: Resent-From works with Eudora

 Rex Senegal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 >copy eudora.ini to mylist.ini and add the line
 >ExtraHeaders=Resent-From: [log in to unmask]
 >just below [Settings]. Start Eudora using mylist.ini and every new message
 >will have "Resent-From: mjw@BAHNHOF" added to the headers. When a message comes
 >in for approval, use "Redirect", fill in the list address on the "To:" line,

 >edit the message (if desired) and send it to the list. The message will show up
 >on the list as orginating from the orginal poster, and LISTSERV will automatically
 >remove the boilerplate header it adds to messages sent to the moderator.

 There is a better way: create a "listmgr" persona in Eudora. Instead
 of adding
 ExtraHeaders=Resent-From: [log in to unmask]
 below [Settings] in eudora.ini, add it below [Persona-listmgr]. When
 a message from LISTSERV comes in for approval, use <shift-redirect>
 and select the "listmgr" personality. Send the (possibly) edited
 message to the list. This works just as the above does, but it avoids
 the problem of having to either use two versions of Eudora, or having
 every message sent out with a "Resent-From:" line. Only those messages
 redirected with the "listmgr" personality will have the line inserted.

 Sorry I didn't see this the first time, but I don't use Eudora...