Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 May 1998 12:29:44 -0600
On Sun, 17 May 1998 13:45:52 -0400, Dan Frezza <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>"9.2. The DEFAULT.MAILTPL file and how to get a copy
>
>LISTSERV stores its default mail template forms in a file called
>DEFAULT.MAILTPL, which can be requested by list owners from LISTSERV with
>the GET command, just like any other file."

The syntax of the GET command is documented in Appendix A.

  GET filename filetype [filelist]

For General system files the [filelist] is blank.
For non-vm systems, you can use a period between filename and filetype, and in
some instances (GIVE command) you must use it.

>        I supposed I would be embarrassed, but I am not.  I read it literally.
>
>However, as I went through and looked for what I wanted to changed, I
>couldn't find it in the "default" mailtpl.  So, the other forms must be on
>the server, then.

All changeable text messages are in the DEFAULT.MAILTPL  If it's not in there,
you can't change the message.

>        BTW, I presume if I wanted to change the default template, I would execute
>this command:  PUT default mailtpl pw=XXXXX, with no period?

No.  Re-read Chap 9 more carefully.  All customizations are made in your
listname.MAILTPL file which does not exist initially, you must create it (by
copying and changing only the relevant portions of DEFAULT.MAILTPL).  then you

  PUT listname.MAILTPL pw=????