Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:29:32 PST
On Mar 4,  2:20pm, "Peter C.S. Adams" wrote:

} My list (PAGEMAKR) is running a 1.8d beta and one of the most welcome
} additions is the CHANGE command. When I send changes, I have to confirm
} them, since I use the cookie method confirm,nopw. But there seems to be a
} bug. When I send the command, I get two replies: the result and the
} command confirmation, as usual. The result says, "No entry updated."
} However, once I OK the confirmation, the entry is updated. ("One entry
} updated. One notification has been sent.")

I haven't seen that, just the normal command confirmation, but I use:

  // job  pw=.....
  [quiet] change . . .
  // eoj

} By the way, I don't recall receiving notifications of changes like this in
} the past, but this notification was sent with a to line of "To: Peter
} Adams <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]" -- me *and* the
} address in question. Is this new?

Normal (at least in 1.8d).  All non-quiet owners get it and the
subscriber also (unless QUIET was used).

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507