Thu, 11 Apr 1996 16:31:52 -0400
At 09:38 04/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>   The people on the ccMail-L list don't think so.   I have run the
>   list for about 3 years, a thousand subscribers and 20-30 posts a
>   day. I have had very few problems related to ccMail/Listserv
>   conflicts.
>
>        James

>are a ccmail house, I am very anxious to know if there is some sort of problem
>between the two.
>
>Would someone please advise?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Kelly Moulton

It was probably my thread, and I wasn't saying that there was a conflict
between LISTSERV and cc:Mail; I was saying that cc:Mail strips *all* the
headers from incoming mail messages, and just gives the user a "From:" line,
which is usually "From: Generic Mailing List". This causes cc:Mail users
(like me) to get all fiery about people signing their posts with their name
and email address, since otherwise there's no way to contact them individually.

Other problems with cc:Mail in an internet environment:
Nonstandard quoting (appends original message on the end, instead of
quasi-standard '>' ...)
Internet address management weak at best.
No .sig function
Lack of headers makes automatic message sorting much harder

Philo
Philip B Janus                 ||KEEP THE INFOBAHN FREE!
[log in to unmask]                || http://www.freetel.com/fccpet.htm
1E GULC          <*>           ||
http://www.radix.net/~philo    ||