Betty Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:30:26 -0500
Hiya,

Something strange is happening.
Recently I've had some subscribers swear that they
addressed their mail to one of the free e-groups lists
(see http://www.egroups.com/index.html) and it ended
up being crossposted to both that group and to my listserv
group.

The problem seems to have resolved for one subscriber.

The second is pretty clueless and I haven't gotten much out
of him in terms of what he's doing.  He sent a test
message to my list and it showed up on both lists.  He's
apparantly using Mozilla 4.05 [en]C-AtHome0404  (Win95; U).

The third is someone from AOL.

I'm talking to the fourth person from a foreign node who's
mail header says he's using Mozilla 4.06 [en] (Win95; I)
who swears that he manually addressed the test mail
to the e-group list *only*, but that mail showed up on my
list too.

Here's what the headers look like after coming thru my list
(sex-l).  I also included the bottom portion of the header
from my mail to the list that followed. Check out the last
two lines of all the mail headers.  I have to wonder if it's
a Netscape mail bug as this message the foreign guy manually
addressed the message only to the other list and the Comments
and To fields appear to be on one line. However, it's also
consistant with the header from an AOL subscriber.
Note I have the foreign guy set to review and I didn't see
a Comments field in the message in the editor account before
I released it to the list, and I didn't see a Comments field
in his private mail to me, however I do see a Comments field
after it comes thru the list.

Also note that my list is set to
* Reply-to=        Sender,Ignore
So subscribers have to do something other than simply
hit the reply button to send mail to my list.

Any suggestions as to what's happening would be appreciated.

Out for now,
Betty

-----The second guy's mail header

----The AOLer's header