"Heller, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:52:58 -0800
Hi,

We are having difficulty with long URLs that carry over to two lines in a
Listserv message. The part of the URL that carries over to the second line
becomes unlinked. The first part is hyperlinked text, but since the full URL
is not hyperlinked, clicking on it will result in a browser trying to link
to a page that does not exist. It appears that Listserv is automatically
inserting a linebreak after 76 characters, which will disrupt the
"linkableness" of any URL exceeding 76 characters.

I searched the LSTOWN archives and found a message posted back in '96 from
someone who wanted to know if the line break setting in Listserv can be
adjusted, but strangely, no reply was listed. Does anyone have any
experience with this? If we could turn off this line-break functionality
altogether that would be optimal.

Thanks,
Paul Heller
Community Developer