Mary Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 07:37:59 +0000
At 06:44 AM 9/2/96 +0000, you wrote:
>> I inherited a listserv list which has "Reply-to" set to "List,Ignore".
>> I'm trying to figure out what this does, and what the legal values
>> for "Reply-to" might be, and what the effect is.
>> To shorten a long story, it's a list where some of the traffic
>> is email games, and when a player replies to the list instead of to
>> the poster, it can damage the results of the game.  We want to avoid
>> accidents.
>
>For your games that setting should prevent "accidents" (but you will
>still have brain-dead mail systems out there and the occaisional
>creative joker).
>posting is distributed.  List,Ignore means it puts in only the list
>address, regardless of whether there is a Reply-to: field in the
>original or not.

Excuse me, but isn't that the problem? Isn't it the answers going to the
list that damage the results of the game? Isn't Reply-To= List,Ignore
sending the answers to the list no matter what? IF I am following this
conversation correctly, it seems to me that the header should be Reply-To=
List,Respect so the game answers can be redirected to the sender.

Mary Siegel