"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 16:26:12 -0400
I had many host unkowns at one time. It was not really a problem
knowing when the system was down because the delete message from the
listserv was returned to our listserv undelivered and eventually to
me. So, I knew that it was not the participant but the listserv within
in a few hours and could restore the participants as soon as the
problem disappeared. This stopped me from getting many error messages
if it was a day when there was a lot of mail and I don't believe that
the participants ever knew what happened. (If they wanted the mail
that they missed there was always the logs). -- Paul.
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]