John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 May 2000 23:32:08 -0400
> I am wondering if someone can give me some suggestions on restoring my
> bottom banner for my list, MOCK-GEN-L? I have searched the LSTOWN-L
> archives and haven't been able to find anything that can help me.
>
> My list, MOCK-GEN-L has been running now for almost 5 years and has had few
> if any real problems. I recently changed the URL of my home page and
> attempted to edit this change into the bottom banner of my list. I
> unfortunately ended up with a corrupted MAILTPL file. I then ended up with
> no bottom banner at all. I had two messages I wished to send with each
> message which included a couple of lines pointing to our home page and
> another pertaining to our archives. Of course the instructions on how to
> unsubscribe from the list were also lost.
>
> I then sent for and obtained the file:
>
> DEFAULT MAILTPL
>
> By cutting and pasting, I edited out the corrupt portion of the prior file
> and thought I had a good one that seemed to have all the necessary things
> to restore my bottom banner, but it still does not work and I still do not
> have my bottom banner back. I even confirmed that the new MAILTPL file had
> been successfully stored.

First of all you are going at this all wrong and have a mess. You have
the entire DEFAULT.MAILTPL (that you pieced together) file renamed to
MOCK-GEN-L.MAILTPL and are then trying to edit/add to it. All you need to
do is create (PUT) a MOCK-GEN-L.MAILTPL with just the templates you want
to change or ADD. In this case just the   >>> BOTTOM_BANNER  (I assume)

If I were you, I would get rid of the  Validate= yes,confirm,NOPW
and change it to: Validate= yes,confirm

Do a blank PUT of the MOCK-GEN-L.MAILTPL file to delete it. This will use
the default.mailtpl file off the server for all your templates and will
assure you they all work. Then use the web interface to create/edit JUST
the templates you need to. This will assure you of a non-corrupt template
and will be much easier to do and everything will work. Then if you no
longer wish to use the the web interface, just add the NOPW back.

Then GET your listname.mailtpl file and you will see what I mean.

--
John Lyon
L-Soft international, Inc.