"Roy Bowers [PG]" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jan 1995 12:59:53 MST
Answering my own question of last week....

Here's a Unix trick that will identify all the subscribers set to
Nomail.  It works fine in SCO Unix and might work in other flavors.

sed -n -e 'N' -e 's/\n//' -e '/ m /p' $1

Save this line as a file in your bin directory (I called this
file "slep" after the grep commmand).  Be sure to change permissions so
you have rx access to it.

To use it:

1. get your list from listserv with (NOLOCK

2. save the list as a file in your home directory

3. at the Unix prompt enter:   slep [filename]

This will produce a list of all subscribers who are set to nomail

You can direct the output into a file with:

slep [filename] > [target file]

I hesitate posting this in case other systems are set up differently, but
here it is anyway for those who want to experiment with it.

Thanks to Tom Robb (TESL-L) and Doug Winship for direction
Big thanks to Larry Miller (sys admin) for Unix savvy.

              Roy Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
        Center for Biological Research,  La Paz,  Mexico