Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Jul 1993 09:36:29 -0400
Len Burns <[log in to unmask]> said:

> On Jul 3, 10:37pm, Dan Wheeler wrote:
> } Subject: Re: Put Command From non-Bitnet site
> } Len Burns <[log in to unmask]> asked and a couple of others
> } want the answer:
> }
> } PUT KIDART ART003 KIDART "TITLE=Fax Art Wellington NZ July 91" pw=xxxxxx
> }     1      2      3      4                                     5
>
> Okay, that is about as clear as things get.  One final question, if the
> file aerea is set up, do I need to manually add the file to the filelist
> file itself or does that occur automatically when I follow the above
> steps.

The listing in the filelist is automatic.  There will be an entry
for the file with all the standard info (size, date, etc) and the
title you have given it in (4).

You can replace files just by sending the new version with the
same command line; the LISTSERVer replaces without asking or
warning.  I lost an important file once when I forgot that we
already had a file with the name I used for a new one.

You can delete a file by sending the PUT command without a file
following it.

Incidently, there is no list named KIDART.  We had a file area
set up that does not correspond to one of our lists.  But usually
(1) and (3) are the name of one of our lists.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>