David Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:34:11 -0500
Dear List Owners,

So far, things are running smoothly.  Our customers can sign up for one, or many, of our lists, and a confirmation note comes to them allowing them to confirm the sign ups.  This works great for signups and for signoffs.

Now for the next question.  We have a third option for our customers beside the Sign up and Signoffs.  We give our customers the option to  Signoff all of the lists at once.  This is convient because some of the customers can not remember which lists (there are 47 lists) they sign up on.  So this one option will conviently allow them to get off of all the lists.

Behind the scenes, we send in the command:   Signoff * Local

....and this works.  But, we would like for the customers to receive an email, requesting them to confirm the Signoff * Local command.  We get the confirmation requests for sign ups and signoffs, but not the Signoff All.

How can we get the Signoff All to send a confirmation request?  Should we send in a different command?  We think we might have to send in a huge signoff list, with 47 different signoffs, to make this work.  But I wanted to hear from you to see if there are any other options to make the Signoff * Local work.

Thank you everyone!

--David Hopkins
  www.ers.usda.gov