"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:12:48 -0700
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Jane Lyle wrote:
> We also get our share of people who see instructions for subscribing to
> our list on a Web site and follow the directions exactly--which means we
> then get a subscription for Firstname Lastname.

Fortunately, I have not seen this particular problem appear frequently for
years.  The more common errors nowadays are to have the MSN advertisement
replace their name, for "(No Name Available)" to appear, or for nicknames
to appear instead of real names.

Unfortunately, none of this helps me solve the original problem.