Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:59:00 -0400
I am on a list that is gatewayed to a newsgroup. People cannot post to the
newsgroup without first being subscribed to the list. This means that
anything posted to the newsgroup first goes to the Listserv, then back out
to the newsgroup. Someone posted a message and forged my return address.
Since I was a list subscriber the post went through. I'd like to cancel the
newsgroup post. If I issue a cancel message from the newsgroup it will go
to the Listserv first. Will the Listserv pass it through and back to the
newsgroup? Will the Listserv also post it to the list, or is it smart
enough to realize it is a cancel and not post to the list?

Thanks,

Don.