Catherine deBlanc <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 23:18:40 -0600
Hello

I have been reading this list for several months, but I have never posted
before, so this is the first time.

I am interested in possibly starting a mailing list.  A record company has
asked me if I would be interested in running a list for a particular artist,
and I said "maybe."  I know someone who recently obtained the LISTSERV
software, and he told me he got it from an ftp site, but that it was
for Unix only.

I went to my university to ask them about the feasibility of starting a list,
and they told me they didn't have the LISTSERV software.  We are not using Unix;
our school uses a VAX/VMS mail system.  So, my question is: is there LISTSERV
software available for non Unix users, specifically for VAX/VMS?  And if so,
how does one obtain it?  I would appreciate any help in this matter.  You can
answer either on the list or privately.  If any of you veteran list owners have
any suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to email me privately at:
[log in to unmask]     Thanks.

Catherine deBlanc