Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 13:54:44 EDT
On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:32:20 +0000 you said:

>> The only way to effectively change your name is to change it to something
>> else in your email program (such as your initials).  Then LISTSERV will
>> pass whatever is in the msg unchanged by what it remembers.
>>

>sorry for this but i wanted to check this out and see if removing my
>name from my own program would not supress my name in the message
>listserv sent out.

I believe that  you also need to  subscribe to in question  under a pseudonym
such as "Jane Doe".

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.