Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:37:59 -0500
At 15:05 1/4/2005 Tuesday, David Hopkins wrote:
 >Our web site has several lists (47) on various topics.  Our customers come
 >to our web pages and check off the topics they like and then hit submit.
 >
 >Can we send in a SINGLE subscribe command that would subscribe a customer
 >to their choosen lists?
 >
 >Can the customer receive a SINGLE confirmation note that would confirm
 >them to all of the lists they asked for?
 >
 >You can see if they subscribe to lots of lists or all of them (47), then
 >they would receive lots of confirmation notes in their email that they
 >would have to manually open and confirm.
 >
 >Does Listserv have a more streamlined subscription/confirmation process?

I've been subscribing to lists for a long time.

I don't find replying OK (or clicking on the confirmation URL) cumbersome
at all.  On certain rare occasions, I do mass confirm with multiple

OK nnnnnnn
OK zzzzzzzzz

in one e-mail.  But that requires some copy n' pasting.

Anyone who would subscribe to [that] many lists at one time should be
quite able to deal with the overhead of the subscription process w/o
complaining most especially if the list is valuable to them.  I don't
mind jumping through a subscription hoop.

Alternatiively you could have public archives and they could just lurk
the list via the WEB interface.

What irritates me with some other MLMs are the hoops that make it
difficult to unsubscribe:

1) email an unsub
2) get e-mail back a coded URL
3) click on the URL
4) fill in the webpage form with your personal list password
5) press SEND
6) get e-mail back a unique URL and a confirmation code
7) click on the URL or email back the confirmation code
8) get the final confirmation of your unsubscribe

The  [other] good news is that that they can mass unsubscribe from all
lists at one site

DELete *

/Pete