Sun, 27 Jul 1997 02:26:34 -0700
Hello...

I have followed the directions and now have a working evaluation copy of
listserv running under Solaris 2.5.1, x86.

Problem I'm having is I don't seem to understand how to create a mailing
list. I use the example and mailed (from the postmaster acct described in
go.users) the following to the listserv (yes, my CREATEPW in go.users is
still the default 'XXXXXXXX', so sue me ;) ) :

PUT LIST1 PW=XXXXXXXX
*
* My First LISTSERV mailing list
*
* Review=Public         Subscription= Open      Send= Public
* Notify= Yes           Reply-to=List,Respect   Files= No
* Stats= Normal,Private                         Validate= No
* Notebook=Yes,A,Monthly,Public
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask] *
* PW= list1

The server then returns the following:

27 Jul 1997 01:58:14 Processing file 0058 from
27 Jul 1997 01:58:15 From [log in to unmask]: PUT LIST1
PW=XXXXXXXX
27 Jul 1997 01:58:15 To [log in to unmask]: This server
does not have any file by the name "LIST1 PW=XXXXXXXX".
27 Jul 1997 01:58:15 Sent information mail to:

I have manually created a 'list1' directory in the listserv root
directory, mode 755 and owned by the listserv user. I have done the same
in the LSV~/home directory, as well. Neither appear to work.

I would truly appreciate any help over this little glitch. I fear that
there is something simple I am over-looking, as this is my first
experience on this side of a listserv!

Thanks a bunch!

-- Hudson