Bruce Dienes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 May 2000 10:53:23 -0300
Hello,

I am currently listowner for four lists that are hosted by Earlham College. They are still running v. 1.8c of LISTSERV, which is not Y2K compliant. They have very limited resources and are not able to update LISTSERV until later this summer, when they will move it from a VAX to a UNIX box.

I have two questions:

1) I am receiving these error messages (see below) and I don't quite know what they mean. (i.e., does this error mean that the message was trashed, or just that the date will not be correct?) I would like to be able to let the list members know that some messages may not be delivered, if that is the case. Error message follows:

Error occurred while processing file 384378 from [log in to unmask]:
LSWRECV error
Error traceback follows
 >>> Error X'0028007B' redating received file <<<
-> Severity: Error
-> Facility: LFxxx routines
-> Abstract: Invalid date specification

2) The main reason that the software has not been updated is that the sysadmin there has limited familiarity with LISTSERV and does not know how to update it, and anticipates it being a major project taking up a large amount of time. Can someone indicate to me the estimated amount of time involved in upgrading from 1.8c to the latest version of LISTSERV (Classic)? And also where the specific documentation would be for performing upgrades?  Thanks!

Bruce
Quaker-L, Quaker-P, Quaker-C, Quaker-M, SLFHLP-L listowner.