Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 14:04:11 -0700
In the message of Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843:

> You also tend to alienate your subscribers who have to put
> up will a mal-managed list, and who will tend to unsubscribe
> from it e.g., like I have done to- and by- others.
>
> These things should be put into your decision matrix when
> considering to confirm or not confirm (that is the question) ;-)

There are a variety of definitions of list management or
mal-management.  That's part of what the personality of each list
is about.

I try to manage my list so that the subscribers know what is
involved with management, what I see in my mail box, the
decisions and choices I get to make.  I often forward service
outage explanations to the list.  I want to create a sense of
ownership among the subscribers.  And I don't use confirm,
because *I* found it too hard the first time.