Bruce Bachus <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 19:15:40 EST
To: [log in to unmask]

FROM:  LTC Bruce Bachus, (703)325-3865, DSN:221
*** Resending note of 03/25/96 18:51
Subject: [53L]: LACC: Free Spam Cancelling shell script -Forwarded (fwd)
fyi...
---------- cut here -----------
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 11:06:24 -0500
From: David M Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: [53L]: LACC: Free Spam Cancelling shell script -Forwarded

Fred Cohen, a noted Information
Security Professional has developed a cancel script:
Mar 1996 02:43:50 +1100
From: [log in to unmask] (Fred Cohen)
Subject: LACC: Free Spam Cancelling shell script
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:42:01 -0500 (EST)
Sender: [log in to unmask]

To assist in those who need to cancel spams, we have set up a free
(donations accepted) spam cancelling capability on the all.net
Web site.

We considered handing out a convenient shell script along with the list
of over 10,000 mailing lists we are now able to cancel subscriptions to,
but we decided this might add to spams instead of eliminating them.

Instead, we opted to have the user provide the site name and we provide
a shell script to unsubscribe from the lists coming from that site.

For full details, use:  http://all.net/ and look under CanSpam.

Your pleasant and constructive suggestions are welcomed.

-> See: Info-Sec Heaven at URL http://all.net/
Management Analytics - 216-686-0090 - PO Box 1480, Hudson, OH 44236
-------- end of cut here -----------
Cheers,
Bruce Bachus