"Eldon B. Tucker" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:33:23 EDT
*** Resending note of 08/28/96 10:47

As long as we're talking about nice features to add to listserv, I
have one that would solve a problem that I'm facing. (Suggestions
regarding other solutions are welcome too.)

I'd find it helpful if it were possible to moderate some list
topics, and leave unmoderated others.

I have one list that currently gets a monthly posting (the file is
just under 100K), but the frequency may pick up over time. The
materials are moderated and permission to post is limited to the
listowner.

The second list is unmoderated, for general discussion, and people
on it are also on the first list. It is basically a subset of the
first list.

If I could have (a) everyone on the same list, (b) topic A for the
monthly posting moderated, and (c) topic B for the general
discussion unmoderated, things would be easier. (I'd really have
topic B be "OTHER" and the topic for A be some keyword that I'd
hope noone would accidentally put in their subject line. This is
so the subscribers don't have to remember to deal with topics;
only I would have to care about topics when submitting the monthly
posting to topic A.)

Any suggestings?

-- Eldon Tucker