Herman Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 May 1996 08:09:56 -0400
At 3:31 PM 5/19/96, Ingrid H. Shafer wrote:
>I am trying to GET the weekly logs of my list out of the vm.temple.edu
>system in order to archive them here, in case they get deleted there
>(and in order to allow deletion and free up space in the Temple University
>system).  After getting two logs I received the automatic response that
>I had reached my daily limit (1024k or something like that).  What do I
>do now?  A number of those files are way over a meg themselves; the
>weekly average is about half a meg, and I am trying to move more than
>forty files.  Is that going to take three weeks????  I'll forward a
>copy of this message to Stan Horwitz.  Any suggestions in case he is
>enjoying his Sunday away from the computer?

A local list owner ran into the same limit here, in a very similar
circumstance.  There is a global setting (in LOCAL SYSVARS) that determines
how much data each user (or list owner) can GET:

* MAXGETK   - Maximum number of kilobytes of data a user may obtain a day
*             via GET  requests. Note that  this applies only if  you use
*             the default-supplied LSV$GETQ user  exit, and may not apply
*             to all users if this exit has been modified.
*
* MAXGETK = 256
MAXGETK = 8192

We raised ours from 256K to 8M a while back.  You'll have to live within
the limit, or get the list maintainer at Temple to raise it for everyone
(or modify LSV$GETQ).

*                                       Herman Collins
*
* 128 McVey Hall                        [log in to unmask]
* University of Kentucky                Voice: 606-257-2256
* Lexington, Ky.  40506-0045            Fax: 606-323-1978

* "I'll only say what I have to, if that ..."  Chilli Palmer