Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:54:33 EDT
Greetings list-owners,

One of our list owners here is having problems with subscribers being
auto-deleted while still receiving the list mail.  I realize this
probably indicates problems with their ISP, but these subscribers are
in a developing country and they and their ISP may be doing the best
they can under their circumstances, and we want to help them out if
at all possible.  I have told the list owner that the only solutions
I can think of are to either turn off auto-delete (and possibly drown
her in bounces) or else change the parameters on it (so these people
don't get kicked off quite so fast).

What would be really nice, however, would be if there were a way to
tell the auto-delete monitor to ignore all bounces from particular
subscribers.  I.e., never delete these *particular* subscribers no
matter what their server says, and just quietly eat their bounces....
Is anything like this possible?  If not, it's on my wish list
(realizing, of course, that if we're the only ones that want this
it isn't too likely to happen anytime soon).

Hmm...I suppose we could create another list, subscribe this second
list to the first list, and subscribe these people to the second list.
Maybe that's what we'll do if there's no other solution.

Thanks in advance for any better ideas,

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University