Mary Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:17:58 -0500
At 11:10 AM -0400 10/16/00, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:53:49 -0400 Paul E. Prusakowski said:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am going to be putting my list on hold for about 2 weeks.
>>
>>I planned on sending a hold command.
>>
>>What I do NOT want to happen is have me come back and FREE list, and have a
>>stockpile of posts automatically sent to the list.  Any suggestions on the
>>most efficient way to prevent this from happening?  I considered changing
>>the level of moderation on the list and having to approve all messages prior
>>to posting when I return.
>
>That would be my suggestion.  Set "Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm" after you
>HOLD the list, set your address as an Editor=, and then simply go through
>the messages when you FREE the list on your return.
>
>Be sure you let your subscribers know about the downtime :)
>
>Nathan

Wouldn't setting everyone to NOPOST do the same thing? (And yes, you
would definitely have to tell everyone or they would freak!) Of
course, if you have some people set to nopost for some reason, you
would need to get a list of them so you could set them back after you
sent in the "SET LISTNAME POST FOR *@*" command. Is there a reason
why "Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm" would be better?

Mary